Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
The CELTA course is for speakers of English as a first language and non-native speakers with a very good command of both spoken and written English wanting to enter into the field of English language teaching to speakers of other languages. It leads to an internationally recognised qualification: the Cambridge CELTA.
No previous teaching experience or teacher training is required. Non-native speakers must provide certification of their language achievement, e. g. Certificate of Proficiency in English, degree in English or equivalent.
The BFI is authorized by the University of Cambridge and the only provider of CELTA courses in Austria. They involve
- principles of language teaching to adults
- analysis of language from a learner's point of view
- internationally recognised methods and techniques
- development of language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- presentation and practice of language items in meaningful context
- lesson planning and course design
- observed teaching practice with two levels of students followed by feedback from experienced tutors approved by the University of Cambridge
- observation of experienced teachers in the classroom
For details please see BFI Wien's CELTA Web page or contact Dr. Julia Schwob, email@example.com or tel. +43 (0)1 811 78 10162.